UKRV

"Selamat Datang" to the official blog of UKRV - Ulu Kelang REAL Veterans football club. This blog was created to document the football activities of UKRV and may include from time to time other such matters that are deemed to be of interest to it's team members. We welcome dan menyambut baik segala and any positive comments, ideas or suggestions from team members (dan sesiapa juga yang mempunyai interest in seeing UKRV develop further), to make this blog a place you would want to comeback often and share your thoughts and ideas.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

National Open Junior Community Football League 2009

After Suhail's STA-MILO tennis monthly medal held on Sunday 7th June 2009 at Kelana Jaya Tennis Complex, the family decided to have a snack at A&W Drive-in in PJ. Dah lama tak makan Coney Dog. This A&W Drive-in was my favourite joint ( its still is, A&W yang lain I tak nak pergi, only this one I would go), way back when Federal Highway was a 2 lane road in 1976. Tapi Coney dia dah rasa lain sikitlah and they don't chill the root beer mug like they used to back then.

Anyway, when we arrived there, I remembered that the National Open Junior Community Football League matches were being played at the MBPJ padang behind A&W. After dropping the family off at the restaurant, I decided to pergi tenguk and give support to UKRC U11 boys whom I thought would be playing a game then, around 12.30 pm.

Yes, I was right, I came at the right time. The match against Kelab Bolasepak Remaja Bangsar (KBRB) was in progress. The UKRC U11 team had earlier played against Shah Alam FC and were held to a 2-2 draw. If not for a last minute goal by Shah Alam FC, they would have won 2-1. As I was having the camera with me I decided to snap a few photos of the match in progress with the intention of documenting it in the UKRV blog later on. Click below to view them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sallahudinar/sets/72157619469567804/

Our UKRC U11 team is playing in Group A of the competition. They will be playing a total of 22 games on a home & away basis but at the same venue till October 2009. So far they have played 5 matches. They won 2 matches, drew 2 matches and lost their opening match against Kota Damansara. They recorded their biggest win against TTDI 1st Touch with a 16-0 scoreline. I think their opponent need to change their name ........ 1st Touch reminds me of our first date when we experienced our "first touch" ......... For further information on the progress of the league click below:

http://jrleague-malaysia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89&Itemid=89

I will try to provide updates and photostreams of the coming matches on FLICKR provided I am able to attend the future matches. I would suggest that UKRV team members gives moral support to the U11 boys by cheering them on during their matches even though our kids might not be in the U11 grouping. What say you, jadi bang?

No comments:

Post a Comment